I do not claim this recipe as my own. I am simply sharing it on my blog for others to be able to find it. I like to have all the recipes I like in one place.
Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 6oz can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, fat trimmed
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers (seeds and stem removed)
- 1 large bell pepper (any color)
- 1/2 lime, for juice
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 48oz (6 cups) low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth (not needed until day of cooking)
- 1 gallon-sized plastic freezer bag
- Gloves to wear when cutting jalapeños
To Freeze and Cook Later
- Label your freezer bag with name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and “use-by” date.
- Add all ingredients except broth to your freezer bag.
- Remove as much air as possible, seal, and freeze.
- Thaw freezer bag overnight in refrigerator or in water in the morning.
- Pour contents of freezer bag into your crockpot and add broth.
- Cook on "low" setting for 4-6 hours.
- Shred chicken.
- Serve with sliced avocado and shredded cheese.
- Double to make two meals.
Zapkode Marie https://www.zapkodemarie.net/