I do not claim this recipe as my own. I am simply sharing it on my blog for others to be able to find it. I like to have all the recipes I like in one place.
Chicken Enchilada Ravioli Bake
- 1 1/2 lb. refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 3 c. enchilada sauce
- 2 c. Shredded chicken
- 1 c. Shredded Monterey Jack
- 1 c. shredded Cheddar
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook ravioli according to package instructions. Drain.
- Make sauce: In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, chili powder, cumin and oregano and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add enchilada sauce and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- In a large baking dish, add a thin layer of sauce. Top with a single layer of cooked ravioli. Spread more sauce on top of the ravioli then top with about half of the chicken, monterey jack, and cheddar. Repeat to use up all ingredients.
- Bake until the cheese has melted and the casserole is warmed through, about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve warm.
Zapkode Marie http://www.zapkodemarie.net/