I do not claim this recipe as my own. I am simply sharing it on my blog for others to be able to find it. I like to have all the recipes I like in one place.
Beef and Sweet Potato Chili
- 1 pounds 85% lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers (any color), chopped
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes (1 pound), peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (increase to 1 teaspoon for medium-heat)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper ﬂakes
- 2 cans tomato sauce (15oz each)* (not needed until day of cooking)
- 14.5oz can diced tomatoes*, undrained (not needed until day of cooking)
- 64oz plastic freezer container
To Freeze and Cook Later
- Add all ingredients to your container except tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.
- Cover with lid, label, and freeze for up to three months.
- To Cook:Place frozen container in water to thaw enough to remove contents.
- Add to Instant Pot with tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.
- Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Pressure cook for 45 minutes.
- Natural release.
- Break apart beef and stir. Top with guacamole and fresh cilantro.
Zapkode Marie http://www.zapkodemarie.net/